According to “Time Magazine,” the Top 10 Commonly Broken New Year’s Resolutions are:
§ Lose Weight and Get Fit
§ Quit Smoking
§ Learn Something New
§ Look and Feel Better
§ Get Out of Debt and Save Money
§ Spend More Time with Family
§ Travel to New Places
§ Be Less Stressed
§ Drink Less
As full or part-time residents of Rocky Point, we can quickly cross a few of these resolutions off our list, like “Travel to New Places,” we’re already here! “Learn Something New,” aren’t we all trying to learn Spanish? “Be less Stressed” and “Volunteer,” that’s all part of living here in this beautiful beachside community.
A few of the other resolutions may be bit more challenging for some of us (especially for me). And as I’m not a financial expert and have not the fortitude or desire to eliminate all of my bad habits, I’ve come up with a five simple ideas in the “Look & Feel Better” category that are certainly achievable, won’t break the bank, and do not require a lot of upkeep.
1. Love Thy Hair This Year: For many men and women, their hair is their most important asset. Although it may seem shallow and frivolous, many people’s self-esteem and confidence is directly related to how they feel about their hair.
It’s a New Year, so why not a New You! Use color and highlights to add richness and depth to dull, lifeless hair. Or be bold and go from blonde to red or get a new cut, perm or straighten curly hair.
2. Perfect The Brow: Perfectly groomed eyebrows balance your features and frame your eyes. Waxing is an easy, painless and inexpensive way to flatter and flaunt your features if you have a lot of brow or if you’re lacking, try brow tinting.
3. Put Your Best Face Forward: When it comes to looking your best, your face is undoubtedly the first thing a person will notice about you. Routine facials are the best way to minimize the aging process. Your skin’s “youthfulness” has less to do with age than how it’s been treated. Thinking facials are a luxury you can’t afford? Wrong! A quarterly facial will cost you 1/3 of the price of a dinner and a movie for two.
4. Say Goodbye to Lizard Feet: More often than not our feet are the most neglected parts of our body and they do so much for us: we stand on them, walk and exercise on them and even use them to propel a kayak, and stroll on the beach.
The average person takes 8,000 to 10,000 steps a day. All this wear and tear on your feet can be harmful if they are not maintained properly. Pedicures are a great way to provide basic care for your feet. Contrary to popular belief, pedicures are NOT just for women – they are for anyone who wants to take care of their feet.
5. Get Fit & Don’t Quit: While resolutions are well-intentioned, most people fail at keeping them. Fortunately for us here in Rocky Point there are a number of ways we can keep fit indoors and out.
Sarina Brown offers affordable personal training and fun paddle boarding classes, call her at (602) 999-9727 or (638) 386-9978 for more info. Join Melissa Green on the beach for Yoga or Toning Class for all ages, every day at 9:15 at the Playa Bonita Social Club, call her at 638-107-1866. If you’re into Cross Fit Training, check out Cross Box 38, call 638-380-9045 for more info.
No matter what you’re New Year’s Resolution, choose an obtainable goal. Making subtle improvements to the way we look and feel daily is very possible. Don’t go it alone! Get professional assistance. Everyone needs a little help and Peñasco Beauty Center is here for you! Ask us about our Diva Program to save 20% on all Salon & Spa Services.