Hola Rocky Point Times readers, this is your friend and chef Mickey. Our new Chef Mickey’s Place is now open and we hope our new location will be more convenient for everyone…as it is for us!
This month’s recipe will be…Flounder Grenobloise…or fillet of sole if you can’t get flounder.
The delicate flavor of flounder is complemented by briny capers and lemon in this classic French preparation
1 1/2 cups milk
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup olive oil
4 5-ounce flounder fillets or lemon or gray fillets of sole
kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
5 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/4 cup capers, drained
Juice of one lemon
fresh flat-leaf parsley
Okay, okay here we go people… listen up!
(1) pour milk into a shallow bowl, put flour on a dinner plate
(2) in a medium skillet set over medium-high heat, heat 2 tablespoons oil until hot
(3) place 2 fillets in the milk .
(4) remove one piece of fish, dredge both sides in flour, tap off excess flour, and transfer the fish to the hot pan
(5) repeat with remaining pieces, season each with salt and pepper
(6) cook flounder until nice and brown, about 2 minutes on both sides
(7) transfer to a serving plate, after all are cooked
(8) with a clean folded paper towel, wipe pan clean
(9) return pan to a medium heat. Add butter and cook until melted and starts to brown about 1 1/2 minutes
(10) stir in capers, cook until butter is golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes
(11) remove from the heat ..Squeeze lemon juice over the fish, top with the hot butter and capers garnish with fresh parsley and serve immediately
And there it is!
Serve your flounder on a bed of wild rice with almonds and your favorite side of veggies.
Okay, until next time amigos…don’t forget about our new location on Blvd. Fremont (the road to Las Conchas)…for reservations please call (011-52-638) 388-9500.
Thank you! Chef Mickeys Place wishes everyone a Happy Valentine’s Day!