The idea of motorcycles of all shapes and sizes flying free next to the ocean just sounds like a good time waiting to happen. Bikers (you don’t have to bring your bike) and people who love bikes will be driving in from all over the country to attend The 15th annual “Rocky Point Rally”. Yes, our little festival has been going on for 15 years and with that a lot has changed. This 15th anniversary is expected to see over 7500 bikes in attendance. Let’s break that expectations and hit higher, putting the spotlight on our incredible town and rally.
Touted as the “The greatest motorcycle fiesta south of the border”, our seaside town will be taken over by street bikes, dirt bikes, custom, quads and well anything with wheels come this November 11 through the 15th.
Book your lodging now, before it’s too late. The upcoming weekend will produce sold-out condominiums and hotel rooms all across the town. Camping is also available at a few of the beachside campgrounds.
So, what to do when the wheels roll into town? Enjoy, become part of the event and experience a fiesta of fun.
Here are the top ten things to do during bike week.
1. Register for the rally. Why? Donate to a good cause. Become part of an event where 100% of the donations go to local charities. Rally Registration bags include an official patch, pin, Koozie, wristband and much more.
2. Go back to where it all began 15 years ago, and listen to the music of Matt Farris on the patio of Playa Bonita. Wednesday, November 11th. Sit back and breathe in the sea.
3. Attend the kick-off party at the great hangout, Bandito’s, featuring the Arizona band, The Black Moods.
4. Jump on something with two wheels, three wheels or heck even four wheels (if it’s open to the sky) and cruise our new paved streets.
5. Check out the Bike Show, with bikes of all types and prizes provided by the Arizona Legion.
6. Stroll down Calle 13, the streets lined with pedestrians, music and fiesta.
7. Explore the local taco shops, the cantina’s and the energetic crowds. Eat, drink and be merry.
8. Listen to the music. Rock and roll bands will be everywhere. Ride, Dance and Rock and Roll
9. Attend the “Parade of bikes on the Malecon.” If you don’t have a bike to enjoy the freedom of cruising that’s okay; arrive early, pick your seat in an upstairs bar and wait for the parade of vintage, classic and eclectic bikes (and people) to cruise by. People watching is the sport of the day. (beads, yes there are beads)
10. Dress up biker style, heck why not? Get in the spirit of bike week bring out your leather vests, bandanas and chaps…
The weekend is packed full of events featuring live music, poker runs, and, of course, the “parade of bikes on the Malecon”. Plan now to become part of the 15th-anniversary event and make your reservations now. The weather will be beautiful, the people will be incredible, and the fiesta spirit will be rampant. Come on and ride baby ride even if you don’t own a bike. For more information go to www.rockypointrally.com.