I remember the old days… the trips down to the sea where you couldn’t use your cell phone because the internet service was either too expensive or nonexistent. Now with fiber optic stretching its fingers across the city, those days are gone. But some days, I wish that I could tell people, “Well I live in Mexico and the service isn’t so great, so I’ll have to get back to you when I can get back to you.”
Yes, those days are gone but is it crazy that I secretly wish we could be more unplugged? I am going to start a one-day-a-week-unplug-day. Hide the phone, iPad and unplug everything and enjoy this seaside paradise. Most of us are coming to the beach for vacation, so we should learn to vacate the technology, unplug more, unwind and relax.
There are studies that show that the sea and the beach are actually good for your well-being. Hawaii has ranked in US top places to live for so many years in a row and a lot of that has to do with that blue stuff that we see all around us.
It’s August, and this is typically one of the hottest months in Rocky Point. I don’t know about you, but this summer just seems to be a little bit cooler than years gone by. Maybe it’s my sea view and seeing water. Do you think that the sea is good for your well-being? Perhaps you should try an experiment in well-being. I dare you… unplug your electronics for one full day at the beach.
10 Reasons Why Spending Summer Days at the Beach Can Improve Your Well-Being
1. Vitamin D boost: Spending time at the beach exposes you to sunlight, which helps your body produce Vitamin D. This essential vitamin supports bone health, boosts your immune system, and improves overall well-being.
2. Stress relief: The soothing sound of crashing waves, the gentle sea breeze, and the beautiful scenery all contribute to a calming and stress-relieving environment. Being at the beach can help you relax, reducing anxiety and promoting mental well-being.
3. Saltwater therapy: A dip in the ocean not only cools you off but also offers therapeutic benefits. Saltwater is known for its healing properties, helping to improve skin conditions, relieve muscle aches, and promote better sleep.
4. Mindful relaxation: The beach is an ideal place to practice mindfulness and be present in the moment. Whether you’re lounging in the sand or walking along the shore, the beach environment encourages you to disconnect from daily worries and focus on the here and now.
5. Connection with nature: The beach is an incredible opportunity to connect with nature and appreciate its beauty. Observing marine life, watching seabirds, or feeling the sand between your toes helps you feel grounded and in touch with the natural world.
6. Physical activities: The beach offers a variety of physical activities that can boost your well-being. Swimming, snorkeling, beach volleyball, or simply taking a long walk along the shoreline can enhance cardiovascular health, improve fitness, and increase overall happiness.
7. Fresh air and negative ions: The air at the beach is rich in negative ions, which have been linked to numerous health benefits. Negative ions can increase oxygen flow to the brain, improve mood, and reduce symptoms of depression and fatigue.
8. Escaping the daily routine: Being at the beach allows you to escape the hustle and bustle of daily life. It provides a refreshing change of scenery, giving you a break from work, responsibilities, and routine. This break can enhance your overall well-being by reducing stress and providing a sense of rejuvenation.
9. Family and social bonding: The beach is a great place to spend quality time with family and friends. Whether you’re building sandcastles, having a picnic, or simply enjoying each other’s company, these moments of connection and social bonding contribute to your overall well-being.
10. Increased happiness: The beach has a positive impact on your happiness levels. The combination of natural beauty, physical activity, relaxation, and social interaction results in a heightened sense of joy and contentment. Being at the beach in the summer can truly boost your mood and overall well-being.
The tranquil ambiance and breathtaking beauty of a beach environment can stimulate creative thinking and serve as a source of motivation, whether you are an artist, writer, or simply seeking new perspectives – helping awaken imaginations and spur new ideas.
Summer trips to the beach not only promise a relaxing getaway but can also bring numerous health benefits for both mind and body. From stress relief and improved sleep quality to mental health improvement and physical activity, beaches offer the perfect blend of nature, beauty and tranquility – so make time this summer to unplug your electronics, stop and smell the salt air while immersing your toes into the sand and enjoy being at one with nature on this summer beach trip!
“The cure for anything is salt water – sweat, tears, or the sea.”