What’s on your Christmas wish list? Is it a new gadget, a pair of shoes or perhaps a weekend at the beach?
Perhaps it’s a gift that can’t be bought online, in person or on sale. I imagine many folks are asking for a New Year without a pandemic. A year where we can start hugging again, a year we don’t have to return back home to grab the forgotten masks, and a year without stress of worrying about a loved one contracting a virus that might or might not kill them.
I for one miss traveling. I’m so excited to go on vacation and see and explore new places. The best part of living in Rocky Point is I live in one of the most beautiful vacations spots in the world and I can make my own adventures. I get to walk and sit by the sea every day and I’m blessed to have the sea out my office window as I write this.
What do you want for Christmas? If you want a stress-free weekend at the beach, come on down. Yes, it might be a little cooler than the peak season, but the sun is shining, and the sea keeps rolling in ready to mesmerize you. The sunsets are sure to bring you some holiday cheer with their dazzling color display.
If you’re looking for gifts to give and places to shop, we got you covered. We have many safe alternatives on shopping with outside markets and even online shopping.
Pandemic safe walk-around holiday shopping destinations:
- Mermaid Market– This month, December 5 and December 19th, 2020. In 2021 every other weekend until April, starting with January 2. Local artists display their handcrafted creative art, gifts, and jewelry. Unique items you will not find in stores. The Market is held in the Shrimp Plaza from 10-3 every other weekend from October to December.
- Rodeo Drive-Follow the signs off Benito Juarez heading toward Sandy Beach. Walk up and down the paved streets for a variety of gifts, clothing, and art. Something for everyone.
- Old Port/Malecon– get lost in this waterside shopping area along the sea. Souvenirs, gifts, and much more.
- Mercedes– If you are leaving Old Port, this one-of-a-kind shop, is on the right. Two streets above the sea in Old Port, when you are exiting it’s on the corner, before you get on the main road. Mercedes has the most beautiful dishes, glasses, and art. Give yourself some time and get lost in this physical shop.
- Rocky Point Local.com and Rocky Point Local shop on Facebook– Free shipping on most items to USA: includes beach lover t-shirts, mugs, beach towels, dog bandanas, flipflops, Children’s Rocky Point Activity books, beach bags, hats, pillows, sweatshirts, hoodies, phone cases all things Rocky Point and Puerto Peñasco. Give a gift of Rocky Point/Puerto Peñasco even if you can’t make it down to the sea. Great stocking stuffers.
2020 roared in like a lion and I for one think:
“2021: The Best is Yet to Come”.
Positive bring positive.
I’ll take some liberty with a few verses from one of the most popular pop Christmas songs,
All I want for Christmas by Mariah Carey.
I don’t want a lot for Christmas
There is just one thing I need
I don’t care about the presents
Underneath the Christmas tree
I just want a brand-new year
full of happiness and cheer
More than you could ever know
Make my wish come true oh
All I want for Christmas is a sea to sit by
A weekend full of fun, friends and to watch the pelicans’ fly
Dreaming of life to return as we know
full of health, love, normalcy and no snow.
Merry Christmas, Feliz Navidad
Come Visit Rocky Point and be awed