Written by Eddie Wharez
“If you have much, give of your wealth; If you have little, give of your heart” – Arab proverb
Let’s say you are trying to decide what to buy for someone and are experiencing trouble finding what you think the other person would love, well, we’ll share some tips hoping you are going to find useful.
First of all, what is the occasion? A wedding? A birthday? A Quinceañera? An anniversary? Or just a simple thank-you?
- People normally give you hints of what they enjoy or like or even what they long for, pay attention to what they say and next time you are about to buy something for them you’ll remember
- Think of the occasions or situations you have shared, perhaps a trip, something funny that occurred while you were together, so your gift will reflect that.
- Sometimes you have seen the need for something, at their office, house or car and this would afford you the opportunity to fulfiill that need.
- You can always ask a third party too, someone reliable that knows her/him really well to give you a suggestion
- Make it yourself, as the opening saying goes, it’s going to be a real surprise to receive something handmade by you!
- Frame your favorite photo of the person you are giving to.
- Does your recipient keep saying, “I’ve got to get a ___ one of these days.”, “this ___ is ready to fall apart.” or “My ___ got lost / broke.”? There’s your gift!
- Collectors are easy to buy for.
- Who’s their favorite band, author, artist, sports team or actor? What do they do when they’re not at work?
- Always include a note card, your friends will appreaciate knowing who is the author of such a nice gift.
- Gifts actually convey a message, they talk to the recipient. Ask yourself: “What do I want to say to this person?” Then move on to “What can I give them that will communicate this?”.
When you visit us at Diseños Casa y Jardín take the time to browse the store really well, asking us what we would suggest for the occasion, we carry an extensive line of small objets, for both ladies & gentlemen, small accesories beautifully made, from distant lands, with intriguing designs, perfect for a theme-decorated space, office or home.
Even if you are not looking for a gift right now, make sure you come and see what we have and whenever you are in the search for the perfect gift remember we may have it!
For further information see our ad, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us online at www.eddiewharez.com